I went to Taste of Kuwait yesterday. If you are not familiar with the concept yet, it is an event where you can order from one menu that belongs to several local restaurants and dine in stylish setting while you watch people around you. Some of of the proceeds go to the Kuwait Thalassemia Society which means you are donating money as you are eating… not bad!
Before i show you my wobbly blackberry pictures… i would like to write what i did not like about it. Why? Not for the sake of cynism of course, but since this is going to be an annual event i thought they could get those comments as pointers for next years event… if every one just says wow and good and excellent how will they improve?
I like the collection of restaurants, i liked the young sweet q8y boys and girls who take our orders. So helpful and sweet… i wanted to be one my self :p i liked the style of the place, modern Japanese garden like, i liked the fact that the dress code is not posh and smart rather more like smart casual. If you wear jeans with a nice shirt you are good to go… i liked the tree with the ribbons so much though i didn’t get to buy a ribbon -we were out of cash!-
- The tables and chairs didn’t really go with the style and design of the place.
- There are no ashtrays on the tables, nor are any condiments like ketchup or salt and pepper available.
- The plates reminded me of the ones being used in KUNIV cafeteria… i would have chosen nicer plates to fit with the whole theme but its not a major concern
- There are not much of side dish choices… for example for burger you would have loved to have a plate of fries on the side… i personally would have liked to have some side veggies. the menu is also not so vegeterian friendly
- We keep getting reminded that the minimum charge is 5 kd… over and over again… it got kinda annoying
- They could have 3 different menus: A breakfast Menu, a Lunch Menu, and a Dinner Menu… some of the dishes in the menu were a bit heavy to choose as dinner… but that is my own opinion anyways
- They only take cash! There is no cash machines around not even the portable ones that come in a car… for a moment there we panicked because we had not thought it we don’t have enough cash – we both don’t carry much cash-
- The garden setting could have used more lightening… it was kinda dim… sitting inside is definitely much better… i would recommend sector C
- My blouse has gone to the dry cleaners… it smells like frying oil and cooking 😦 they need more … what is it that takes the smell out of a place? Fans?
- They said on their website that they would give guest a goodie bag of cookies esp. that the admin fee is 1.5 KD.. we got nothing… we eyed some cookies on the way out after we paid but no one offered us any 😦
The only bad thing is that you can easily trip and fall because the floors are uneven and there are some cracks or different levels. I would recommend you leave your heels at home and go with something flat or kitten heels at most, unless you want to go to P2BK with a cast on your leg… Defasha won’t do…
To the pictures… also here is a link to their menu… they will be there for today Friday and tomorrow Saturday